Dehradun branch under the banner of Unmoolan Camaign organized following programs in the month of August, 2019:
- 'SAY NO' Awareness Workshop - Rajkiya Inter College, Motadhak Kotdwar - Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- 'SAY NO' Workshop - Government Inter College, Jhandichour, Kotdwar- Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- 'SAY NO' Awareness Workshop - Rajkiya Inter College, Charba, Sahaspur - Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- 'SAY NO' Awareness Workshop - Rajkiya Poorv Madhymic Vidhyalaya, Jamni Pur - Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- 'SAY NO' Awareness Workshop - Rajkiya Poorv Madhymic Vidhyalaya, Lakhanwala - Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- 'SAY NO' Awareness Workshop - Rajkiya Poorv Madhymic Vidhyalaya, Jassowala- Dehradun, Uttarakhand
About Unmoolan Campaign:
Even after thousands of articles, hundreds of sad stories, innumerable heart-threatening documentaries, the rise of drug abuse in Punjab and its neighboring state, Haryana is still controversial and ambiguous.
The accountability for it goes to the buyers as much as to the sellers because every citizen of Punjab and Haryana is aware of the fact that drug addiction not only affects the addict but the entire family and the society at large. If you go to schools today, more than half of the children are involved in the use of some types of narcotics. This is not only tragic but also intimidating.
Today if we think that the police, administration or government of Punjab and Haryana do something, then this problem will end, then the accuracy of this estimate has already been seen by the people of Haryana and Punjab in the last few decades.
Therefore it is necessary to work on both the users and the non-users of intoxicating substances.
However, in the state of Punjab, thousands of government and non-government drug de-addiction centers are constantly running but there success is a mere name. And the reality is that visiting these de addiction centres, one gets rid of one addiction but develops another. For this reason, in Punjab, openly many synthetic drugs are also manufactured and sold under the administration nose.
This success can be brought to two levels only. Either the government's intention is deterministic and pure, or people themselves are aware. If seen from a social point of view, working at the second level, meaning generating awareness amongst people, is very beneficial as its effects are long-term and far-reaching.
Therefore, assuming the second level’s effectiveness His Holiness Ashutosh Maharaj Ji has been working on the soil of Punjab and Haryana for the last three decades. As a result, millions of people have become addictive - in which women, youth, men, children are all included.
Today these people do not need any medicines or counselling from outside because the solution given by Shri Maharaj is inner and complete. Albert Einstein had said that no problem can be solved from that level of consciousness from which the problem arises. To solve that problem, you have to go up one level. The same process appears in Ashutosh Maharaj's works, policies and solutions.
Where institutions such as UNODC declare addiction as a mental disease, Shri Ashutosh Maharaj says that this problem of drug addiction cannot be corrected by putting a heap of medicines in the body, nor by counselling for hours or by forcibly binding the person at one place. For this, you have to go higher than the mental level which is the level of the soul.
And by learning the process of going at the level of the soul, neither lakhs of people have become de-addicted to drugs, but they are whole-heartedly liberating society.
The organization deals with the non-users by educating them on various realistic approaches in relation to drugs and makes them empowered to say no to any lowly proposals in life like drugs. At the same time, those people who are suffering from the problem of addiction are treated with organization’s very own psycho analytical module based on Brahm Gyan.
Under this, 12-15 executive points have been set up in the state of Punjab such as Phillaur, Amritsar, Batala, Ferozepur, Hoshiarpur, Moga, Jalandhar, Kapurthala, Moga, Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar, Kapurthala, Pathankot, Abohar, Muksar, Malout, Patiala, Tarn Taran etc., covering the surrounding areas, where the following different activities will be done such as:
- Training of Trainers (TOT) workshops for conducting surveys
- Query solving Sessions
- Early documentation and developing survey strategy
- Door to door survey
- Youth Meetings
- Lane Meetings
- Regular Field Visits
- Meetings with Women
- Meetings with community notables
- Analysis of the Data Surveyed.
- Incorporating the analysis in the plan laid
- Laying out the plan of action.
- Training of volunteers on the issue of drug abuse and its addiction.
- Development of awareness tools and IEC material.
- Initial Mass Introductory Sessions in the Community
- Awareness Workshops at Educational Institutions.
- Group and Individual counselling sessions for drug users.
- Mass Awareness Programs in communities.
- Awareness and Counselling sessions at Workplaces.
- Assessment of the work done.
- Report Development