Jodhpur (Rajasthan): Jodhpur, aka the Sun city, renowned for its immense external beauty, fails to mask the dismal lives that its women lead. Either the foetuses are not permitted to see the light of the day, or the survived are foisted with savage discrimination. Feeding the need of the hour, Santulan, with its enthusiastic team of volunteers, is carrying out concatenation of workshops with women of varied age-groups, aiming to enlighten them in gender perspective. The workshops include thought-provoking lectures, sensitizing activities and a two-way discussion on walk towards gender revolution. The team of Santulan is well-equipped with the knowledge & understanding of prevalent gender based issues in the city, and the treatment of spiritual awakening that solely can cure the psychological disease of patriarchy.
Tivri village, near Jodhpur, Rajasthan, 14th May 2019
A 2 hours’ workshop was organized with 19 girls to discuss the diminishing peace & individuality from lives and impact of excessive peer pressure that the youth deal with. It included below:
- A dialogue discussing day-to-day challenges that girls face in terms of peer pressure that alter their lifestyles and push them towards establishing fake & ill-founded individuality
- A short meditation encouraging girls towards introspection and connecting to their inner-self, bringing about eternal content
Kamla Nehru Nagar, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, 16th May 2019
A motivating workshop on stress management and self-grooming was organized at C-74 Kamla Nehru Nagar 1st Puliya Jodhpur, Rajasthan with 10 women participants, infusing the power of unity and awakening at soul level. The workshop consisted of below:
- A talk on the causes and consequences of deteriorating self-worth among women that has huge influence on her confidence and social conduct
- A counselling discourse on need of education for both genders to understand the reality behind myths and misconceptions prevailing in society against women
Kamla Nehru Nagar, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, 19th May 2019
A sensitizing workshop defining the real essence of women empowerment was organized with 13 girls by means of interesting games and discussion. Below were its ingredients:
- A conversation on predicament status of women today due to misinterpretation of women empowerment, calling for immediate action
- Need for women to absorb and practise traits like determination, self-realization and self-awareness to enable themselves to stand against all odds
- Engaging activities to identify reasons that stop her from exercising her capabilities
- Dance performance on theme ‘Kar har maidaan fateh’ motivating them to stay empowered, combat her weaknesses to step forward to play her part in social development
Please find below snapshots of similar initiatives across DJJS implementation center Jodhpur in Rajasthan.