The evergreen ancient knowledge of Yoga holds relevance more than ever in today's fast paced world. In order to bring Yoga closer to the world, DJJS Aarogya continues its endeavors by organising several Yoga Shivirs across the globe.
The following Yoga Shivirs were organized in September 2022:
- A three day Vilakshan Yoga Shivir was organized from Sept. 23 to 25, 2022 at Abohar, Punjab. Presided over by DJJS preachers, the event was graced by the presence of Mr. Vimal Thathai, Mayor, (Abohar, Punjab). During the event, Swami Ji (DJJS Preacher) explained the ways to reap health benefits from yoga and demonstrated various asanas that can be easily incorporated in the daily routine. 275 beneficiaries attended the event and learned important yog asanas and pranayama. The event was covered by leading dailies of the place.
- In Fresno, California, Yoga Shivirs were organized on Sept. 4 and 18, 2022 which were attended by 67 Yoga enthusiasts. The beneficiaries learned the correct ways of practicing various asanas. In addition, DJJS preachers also conveyed attendees the importance Yoga holds in life and how practicing different postures can improve health.
In these sessions, the emphasis was also given on the common mistakes one tends to make while performing Yoga. Some common slip ups while doing this ancient Indian practice are.
1. Focusing too much on the shape of pose - Beauty of Yoga lies in the fact that everyone can have their ‘personal perfect pose’. So let’s stop fretting over getting the perfect posture of the Yoga teacher.
2. Forgetting the breathing - Proper breathing is a key element of an effective Yoga practice. It also keeps the mind alert. Thus it’s necessary to keep a tab on the breaths while doing Yoga.
3. Skipping the warm-up & cool down phase - Yoga practice is not the right place to play ‘skip to the good part’. Warming up prepares the body before performing asanas, while cooling down afterward assimilates the benefits. So let’s make sure to do them.
Vilakshan Yoga Shivirs is a medium of communicating the health benefits of Yoga by DJJS to the world.