“The highest education is that which does not merely give us information, but makes our life in harmony with all existence.” - Rabindranath Tagore.
In April 2010, India became one of 135 countries to make education a fundamental right of every child when the Right to Education Act (RTE) came into force. It states that all children between the ages of 6-14 years have a right to free and compulsory education.
Manthan Sampoorna Vikas Kendra, a social initiative of Divya Jyoti Jagrati Sansthan, has walked this path since its genesis. It has been instrumental in providing free and value-based education to underprivileged students of the society. It strives to create holistically developed individuals.
On April 17, 2021, a two-hour long webinar was organized, which gave a platform to all Manthan SVK teachers and volunteers to connect and discuss the road ahead for the next academic session i.e 2021-22. It was presided over by Sadhvi Deepa Bharti Ji, Project Head, Manthan SVK.
The Annual Meet witnessed the following discussions:
- Coordinators and volunteers shared the experiences of operations in different Manthan SVK centers during the pandemic.
- The challenges in online teaching and the solutions were talked about in detail.
- Online teaching resources available to various centres, whether devices or data.
- Manthan SVK envisions to expand the online teaching programme to a pan-India platform, making it accessible to more students from economically backward communities. The ideas and procedures for the same were extensively discussed.
- The teaching methods to be followed for the next academic session and the hassles of the previous session.
- Significance of the Adult Literacy Center (ALC) and the requirements to broaden its scope to make it successful on the pan-India platform were discussed and teachers and volunteers were motivated for it.
- Manthan SVK’s social media handles were talked about; all the teachers and volunteers were persuaded to contribute for their promotion.
Sadhvi Aneesha Bharti Ji, in her concluding remarks, congratulated and appreciated the efforts of all the teachers and volunteers.
Manthan Sampoorna Vikas Kendra was established with the blessings and inspiration of His Holiness Shri Ashutosh Maharaj Ji. It aims to lessen the disparity in education for the privileged and the underprivileged.