With Sadhvi Aastha Bharti Ji as Katha Vyas, a massive Shrimad Bhagwat Katha Gyan Yagya was organised by Divya Jyoti Jagrati Sansthan (DJJS) at Obedullaganj, Madhya Pradesh from 8th to 14th April, 2017. The Katha was the result of efforts of many preacher disciples of DJJS. It was covered on daily basis by newspapers such as Dainik Bhaskar, Rajasthan Patrika, Hari Bhoomi, Swadesh, and Dabang Duniya, Samay Jagat etc. The Honorable Shri Shivraj Singh Ji Chauhan, Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, while conversing with the Media praised the efforts of DJJS and said that it is due to the Perfect Spiritual Master like His Holiness Ashutosh Maharaj Ji that kindness and serenity is still alive in this world. The Honorable Chief Minister further stated that it is because of the endeavours of spiritual NGOs like DJJS that the society is still able to walk the path of righteousness.
Sadhvi Ji began the Katha by eulogizing the Bhagwat Mahapuran. Addressing a huge audience, Sadhvi Ji said that the one who hears the Bhagwat Katha comes a step closer to God. Sadhvi Ji highlighted the element of dharma present throughout the Bhagwat Mahapuran. She stated that the Mahapuran presents to the listener a kind of dharma that takes a devotee onto the path of bhakti, which in-turn invokes a thrust for self- knowledge. The Mahapuran instills in a devotee the correct manner of worshiping God, i.e. adoring God without any ulterior motive. She further said that a devotee’s disposition towards all must be kind, for kindness brings peace.
However, what kind of peace is of utmost importance? Mere silence should not be confused with peace. The peace that Sadhvi Ji talked about is the inner peace that a devotee attains when one sees one’s true self. But in order to achieve that kind of peace a devotee needs the grace of a Perfect Master who enlightens the self and makes the devotee see the soul within. When that happens the fog surrounding the self-melts and unending light illuminates the being, much like Shri Krishna did with Sudama, Draupadi, and Arjuna to see the divine within when they embraced the dharma through his grace. Sadhvi Ji concluded the Katha by asking the listeners to join DJJS and have their inner eye opened to see the light within.
The Chief Guests who attended the Katha included:-
Honorable Shri Shivraj Singh Chauhan Ji (Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh)
1. Shri Sita Sharan Sharma Ji (Speaker of the Legislative Assembly, MP)
2. Shri Surendra Patwa Ji (State Minister: Culture and Tourism; Independent Charge: Agriculture)
3. Smt. Archana Chitnis Ji (Cabinet Minister Women and Child Development M.P.)
4. Shri Paras Chandra Jain Ji (Energy Minister, MP)
5. Shri Deepak Joshi Ji (Independent Charge School and Technical Education Department)
6. Shri Azat Shatru Ji (Commissioner Bhopal)
7. Shri Rameshwar Sharma Ji (MLA Huzur "Bhopal" and BJP Vice President M.P.)
8. Shri Ashish Sharma Ji (Vidhayak Khategaon)
9. Smt. Bhavna Balimbe Ji (Collector district Raisen)
10. Shri Shailesh Lodha Ji (TV actor Tarak Mehta's Ulta Chashma)
11. Shri Dharmendra Chauhan Ji (District President, BJP, Raisen)
12. Smt. Harpreet Kaur "Rani" Ji (Chairman, Municipal Council, Obedullaganj)
13. Shri Mohan Yadav Ji (MLA, Ujjain)