Kamdhenu project, first of its kind, is an initiative of Divya Jyoti Jagrati Sansthan which aims at preservation, breed improvement and creating awareness regarding use of Indian breed of cows. Over the years, the program has gained traction amongst scientist, agriculturist and political class. It has not only addressed professionals, researchers but also enthusiasts all over the world.
Divya Jyoti Jagrati Sansthan's (DJJS) representatives from Kamdhenu Gaushala were invited at a workshop organized by M.P. STATE ANIMAL AND KUKUT NIGAM at Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh on March 30, 2017.
Representatives from Gaushalas all over India were also invited. Swami Vidyanand Ji, preacher disciple of Shri Ashutosh Maharaj Ji (Founder and Convener of DJJS) represented Kamdhenu Gaushala which is a ‘bovine conversation’ initiative of DJJS. The workshop had detailed discussion on breed improvement and to scientifically improve the Gaushalas. The event saw the participation from eminent dignitaries like Dr. D. K. Sadana, Head, National Dairy Research Institute, Haryana and Dr. Mahaiya, Sanyukt Sachalak, Pashupalan Vibhag, M.P.
This entire day event had the at-length discussion on following topics and issues related to conservation and proliferation of indigenous cattle:
- Development and conservation of indigenous breeds so that future generations are not deprived of this breed unique to India
- Reproduction using best breeds of bull so that breed of future cows can be conserved. Swami Ji informed the audience that a semen station is also setup at DJJS using which eggs of 500 cows can be fertilized at a time. This is just the same way as a good seed is essential for a healthy crop.
- Providing organic fodder to cows so that milk obtained by them is of A-2 quality. Without healthy food, a good quality cow also can’t give good quality milk. DJJS takes care of the fodder.
- Use of scientific techniques so that more quality calves can be produced. Last year, DJJS used Embryo Transplant Technique in its Gaushala using which 4 healthy caves could be produced from the same mother.
- Awareness at mass level through street plays, rallies, workshops, door to door campaign and advertising through social media.
In this workshop, Swami Ji discussed each one of them in such a detail that audience was awestruck by the knowledge and commitment. Everyone applauded the efforts of DJJS for a meaning contribution for the cause.