In the modern world, families face numerous challenges in maintaining good health and hygiene. Busy schedules, sedentary lifestyles, and unhealthy dietary patterns can take a toll on the well-being of both children and parents. But educating not just children but adults as well about health and hygiene is of paramount importance for several reasons. By promoting health and hygiene practices, families can prevent illnesses, strengthen their immune systems, and enhance their overall quality of life.
DJJS Aarogya has always believed that to create a healthier and happier India one must begin by educating and empowering families, especially the children. We firmly believe that health and hygiene are fundamental pillars of a thriving society and to educate the same to everyone, we have designed very specialized health awareness workshops on topics like Health & Hygiene and No Junk, No Doctor.
These workshops focus on raising awareness about the importance of physical fitness, nutrition, mental health, and personal hygiene. By instilling these values, we equip participants with the necessary tools to make informed decisions and take control of their overall well-being.
Recognizing the critical role of children and youth in driving societal change, DJJS Aarogya collaborates with various schools and colleges across India to provide crucial health-related knowledge and practical skills to students and teachers through these workshops. During these sessions through practical demonstrations such as proper hand washing techniques, dental care, and sanitation, students and teachers learn about personal hygiene practices. Through fun activities, students are made to realize the significance of a balanced diet and proper exercise. By instilling these healthy habits early on, we lay the foundation for a lifetime of well-being.
But our commitment to health and hygiene extends beyond schools to go deep into communities that form the basis of any society. Through partnerships and community involvement, we conducted similar workshops with parents. These workshops enable them to become advocates for hygiene at their homes and within their communities, thereby fostering a culture of collective well-being.
In the month of May 2023, we actively engaged with schools and communities through 6 such eye-opening workshops reaching out to 632 students, teachers, and parents, creating a positive impact on the nation's well-being-
- On May 5, 2023, the Baal Bharti Secondary School in Bewar, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, sponsored a Health Awareness Workshop for 461 students and teachers. Participants were invited to ask questions, discuss personal experiences, and participate in group activities during the training. This approach culminated in a lively learning atmosphere in which participants felt at ease and empowered to participate in discussions and practical demonstrations actively.
- On May 15, 2023, a Health Awareness Workshop was held in a primary school in Khandoli, Agra, Uttar Pradesh. The session drew a total of 107 students and professors. The workshops aimed at promoting health awareness by covering topics like sanitation, diet, and disease prevention, assuring a healthy future for everyone.
- A Health Awareness Workshop was held on May 19, 2023, at S.P.R.M Vidya Mandir in Usayani district, Firozabad, Uttar Pradesh. The workshop benefited 314 people by offering vital information about health and wellness. It was a successful event aimed at encouraging participants to live a healthy lifestyle.
- On May 19, 2023, a Health Awareness Workshop was held at Kapilamuni Children's Academy in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh for a total of 138 participants. This workshop gave the participants the information and resources needed to put their health and well-being first.
- On the 20th and 21st of May 2023, two health workshops were organized in Chakan, Maharashtra, specifically in the village of Kuchi, Taluka Kavathe Mahankal, District Sangli. A total of 33 children and parents participated in these workshops. During the workshops benefits of exercise, healthy eating habits, and a balanced lifestyle were discussed in detail. Through interactive activities and discussions, participants learned about the various components of a healthy lifestyle and how they contribute to our physical and mental well-being.
DJJS Aarogya's health awareness workshops are dedicated to empowering its participants for a healthier future. DJJS Aarogya always believes that by investing in our well-being today, we are creating a brighter and healthier future for generations to come. And together we all can pave the way to a disease-free healthy society.