Acknowledging the fact that human lifestyles are a key in defining the environmental health of the planet, DJJS recently launched its state- of – art sustainable living campaign #EkAchiAadat. The campaign is based on the basic premise that India beholds a legacy of sustainable lifestyles; ancient Indian living in itself was pro- environmental. Therefore, blending traditional Indian living habits in modern lifestyles can play a significant role in managing the rising ecological footprints of the growing population.
Furthering the same objective #EkAchiAadat Gujarat Chapter was launched on 5 June 2019 in Ahmedabad by Hon’ble Deputy CM NitinBhai Patel in DJJS special event Om Dhyahu Shanti. Since then DJJS branch based in Ahmedabad has been taking the campaign further. During the initial four months after the launch, training of volunteers and campaign preparations were the focus. Now the campaign has entered its active execution phase with rigorous awareness generation particularly in local schools.
A special workshop with various interactive tools and customized to various age groups has been designed to educate and encourage people to turn back to healthy and pro- environmental living.
Here is a documentation of activities organized under the campaign:
- Green Habits Workshop at Air Force School, Bhuj, Kutch, Gujarat | 29 Nov 2019
- Green Habits Workshop at Govt. Primary School No.- 17, Bhuj, Kutch, Gujarat | 30 Nov 2019
- Green Habits Workshop at Parimal School, Sabarmati, Ahmedabad, Gujarat| 7 Dec 2019
- Green Habits Workshop at Prerna Secondary School, Gujarat | 12 Dec 2019
- Green Habits Workshop at Ananya Vidyalaya Zundal Tragad Road, Chandkheda, Ahmedabad, Gujarat| 14 Dec 2019
Green Habits Workshop at Swaminarayan International School Ranip, Ahemdabad, Gujarat| 16 Dec 2019