A boss sticks around ‘I’ and works towards maximizing personal success, but Guru’s ‘I’ comprises of entire mankind and He works towards maximizing collective success.
- A boss may hold grudges, anger or jealousy in case of adversities, but a guru always forgives and believes in moving on.
-A boss is somebody who tries to extract the maximum out of you to give it to the company or for his personal interest; while a Guru is one who wants to extract the maximum best out of you to give it back to you for your own interest.
- A boss carries a psyche where he always wants something from you, while a Guru manifests a consciousness where He always wants to give something to you.
- A boss simply leaves the work on you to be done in a particular manner, while a Guru not only gives directions but also imparts wisdom along with his prudent guidance at every step and makes you carry out the task beyond your capacity and creativity.
- When stuck with the problem, a boss would ask for the solution to be offered, while a Guru would offer the solution for the problem.
- A boss works his way through position power, but a Guru works his way through personal power.
-While bosses may sit in the offices, a Guru often sits in the hearts of His disciples.
To know more about this difference read the complete article in July 2013 edition of English Akhand Gyan monthly magazine.