Under the able guidance of His Holiness Ashutosh Maharaj Ji, Divya Jyoti Jagrati Sansthan marked its presence at the 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention, 2019.
The 15th edition of biennially occurring Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) convention was held at Kashi(Varanasi) and Prayagraj, Kumbh from January 21 to 24, 2019. Divya Jyoti Jagrati Sansthan participated in the plenary session with the theme - Hamari Sanskriti Hamari Sabhyata – Our Culture Our Heritage, on the sidelines of PBD Convention. Sadhvi Pragya Bharti, devotee disciple of Shri Ashtutosh Maharaj Ji, represented DJJS as a guest speaker on the panel and successfully delivered an insightful talk expounding the relevance of Kumbh in 21st century. She drew special attention to the scientificity of Indian culture and the vision of H.H. Ashutosh Maharaj ji towards the rejuvenation of Bharatiya Sanskriti. Sadhvi ji shared the dais with other dignitaries including:
- Dr Sir Sudhir M. Parikh – Padma Shri Awardee, Ellis Island Medal of Honor Awardee & Clinical Associate Professor, University of Medicine n Dentistry of New Jersey, USA
- Shri Chandresh L.D. Sharma – Consultant Certified Mediator, based in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Dr Sanjana Jon – Philanthropist and Fashion Designer, New York.
The panel discussion was followed by ‘She the Change’ – NARI UDYAMI AWARD 2019 ceremony, wherein Sadhvi Pragya Bharti, Representative, DJJS along with Hon’ Governor of Uttrakhand, Smt. Baby Rani Maurya, Smt. Tara Gandhi Bhattacharjee, grand-daughter of Mahatma Gandhi and Sh Indresh Kumar, RSS Senior Leader felicitated 30 Indian Diaspora Women of Substance from different parts of the world and spheres of life. The event was graced by numerous esteemed guests:
- Dr Rajni Sarin, Head of Foreign Affair Dept, BJPUP n Member of PIOCCI
- Satish K Sharma, Gen Secretary, National Council of Hindu Temples, United Kingdom
- Dr Nupur Kohli, Forbes Under 30 Fellow Member of World Economic forum
- Dr Susovana Sujit Nair, Jt. Secretary, Community Services, Kuwait
Sadhvi ji appealed to all the Diaspora women to come forward and contribute for their motherland, India. The event concluded on a positive note with the national and international participants pledging to contribute for the development of India via novel and innovative ideas and initiatives.